PONANT brings you a 19-day itinerary between South America and the Antarctic Peninsula. A polar expedition cruise to discover the most beautiful sites of these southern lands.
First, you will chart a course for South Georgia, its impressive glaciers and its black-sand beaches where imposing colonies of king penguins have taken up residence.
Your ship will then make its way to the South Orkney Islands. These mountainous islands where impressive glaciers dominate the landscape are a major nesting site for chinstrap penguins and a favourite hunting spot of leopard seals.
You will then sail to the White Continent, realm of the unexpected. Weather and ice conditions permitting, this extreme environment where nature reigns supreme will reveal to you its most beautiful secrets through numerous discoveries.
Gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins, humpback whales, seals and seabirds: these are some of the encounters you will most likely have the chance to experience in the Antarctic Peninsula, creating indelible memories.
Each day, whether on land, aboard your ship or during a Zodiac® outing, you will be surrounded by a grandiose decor ranging from icebergs to ice floe and ancient glaciers.
After crossing the mythical Drake Passage, you will disembark in Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world.
• Explore the magic of Antarctica with a sea kayak adventure. Led by experienced, State-Certified kayak guides, you will skim the water’s surface amid the ice. Full professional equipment is provided, including tamdem kayak, carbon paddle, full-body drysuit, lifejacket, AIS beacon.
• Outings and shore visits in Zodiac® inflatables with a team of experienced naturalist guides.
• Lectures and information sessions hosted by our naturalist-guides, covering wildlife, history, geopolitics, the great explorers, climate, environmental protection…
• Hiking opportunity.
• Discovery of the South Orkney Islands.
• Landscapes: alpine landscapes, lush green plains and suspended glaciers in South Georgia; drifting icebergs, ice floe, glaciers and snow-capped mountains in the Antarctic Peninsula; glaciers and snow-capped mountains in the South Orkney Islands
• Wildlife: humpback whales, Gentoo penguins, Adelie penguins, chinstrap penguins, leopard seals, crabeater seals and Weddell seals in the Antarctic Peninsula; king penguins, elephant seals, fur seals and macaroni penguins in South Georgia; leopard seals, chinstrap penguins, Adelie penguins and Gentoo penguins in the South Orkney Islands.
• Educational discovery in the respect of environment.
Vessel Type: Luxury Small Ship
Length: 142 metres
Passenger Capacity: 224
A sleek silhouette, a welcoming intimate atmosphere, discover aboard this new ship the philosophy that has made our sisterships such a success: the spirit of Yacht Cruises.
Sailing under the French flag, this magnificent yacht of only 122 staterooms and Suites, with balconies, will join our fleet in April 2015. You will be enchanted by the contemporary decor inspired by the our destinations and the blue light of the Vega star in the Lyra constellation. The result is a subtle variation around a palette of blues, ranging from the luminous delicate grey-blue of the Polar ice to splashes of the vivid turquoise blue found in Mediterranean coves
A refined ambiance is enhanced by the quality of the workmanship and materials: white Corian counters in the lobby contrast with the warmth of leather to recall a boat’s hull, while the central sculpture of enamelled pieces takes its inspiration from the sea. In the loungebar, the carpet picks up a tennis stripe theme symbolising a certain idea of cruising, one synonymous with French elegance and a chic seaside spirit.
Call: 1300 669 780
(1300 669 780)
Call: (61 7) 3850 7600
(617 3850 7600)
Visit: 222A Barry Parade
(PO Box 132)
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
We're on the corner Barry Parade and Gipps Street, next door to Rocksports Indoor Climbing