The Falklands (Malvinas), South Georgia & Antarctica itinerary is the fastest way to get to the rarely visited Falkland Islands and South Georgia before stepping foot on the 7th Continent. Stroll the quaint English village of Stanley in the Falklands, wander the islands’ sandy dunes, and birdwatch at rugged seabird cliffs. In South Georgia, discover the beaches where king penguins breed – one of the highest densities of animal life on earth – and learn about the rich historical legacy of the places you visit. Both islands are known as meccas for wildlife with epic displays of animals congregating by the thousands. Then, explore the stunning Antarctic Peninsula and enter a world of ice, snow and natural wonders. Pursue your personal passions with a choice of rewarding activities and our extensive educational program.
• Hiking in the polar regions differs from your typical trail experience. Here, in a tree-less terrain, you are the tallest figure on the landscape as you walk over spongy tundra, crusty snow or sandy beaches in remotes parts of the Antarctica.
• The Polar Plunge is scheduled once during each voyage. Throughout the journey, the Expedition Leader and Captain constantly monitor conditions in order to choose the optimal time and location. The Polar Plunge sometimes takes place onshore or, in many cases, from the gangway or Zodiac.
• Zodiacs are used for transferring you ashore, transporting your luggage when necessary and for taking you ocean-level cruising among icebergs, whales and seabirds. During the expedition, you will visit remote and isolated sites that are accessible only by Zodiac.
Vessel Type: Expedition Ship
Length: 126 metres
Passenger Capacity: 176
Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Not only will it be among our fastest ships, it will also be one of our finest, with six tiers of deluxe accommodation.
The personal space is exceptional. Every cabin has either a private walk-out or Juliet balcony for direct ocean views. World Explorer also delivers plenty of public areas to unwind in after a day outdoors, including the glass-domed Observation Lounge for quiet contemplation and full skyline views, the Explorer Lounge for a drink and a chat, and the library for more intimate relaxing and reading. Presentations and discussions are facilitated in a dedicated lecture theatre.
Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, a small gym and a sauna, plus a spa with change rooms, showers and lockers. For the active adventurers, add-ons include kayaking, camping and stand-up paddleboarding.
Blending high design with total functionality, World Explorer is all set to be your home away from home on the seas.
- All cabins have exterior views and private bathroom facilities
- TV and safe in every cabin
- Individual temperature controls
- Electrical supply: 220v
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender serving a selection of soft drinks, juices, liquors, spirits, beer and wine, which can be charged to your shipboard account
- Comfortable lounge area for reading or relaxing with a cup of coffee
- Observation decks for spotting wildlife and enjoying the ever-changing polar landscape
- Polar library stocked with a large collection of polar books, and games
- Pool & sauna
- Spa facilities and wellness program
- Lecture theatre
- Polar Boutique
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email and wireless Internet access
- Zodiac Cruising (included)
- Kayaking (additional charge)
- Camping (additional charge)
- Standup Paddleboarding (additional charge)
Call: 1300 669 780
(1300 669 780)
Call: (61 7) 3850 7600
(617 3850 7600)
Visit: 222A Barry Parade
(PO Box 132)
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
We're on the corner Barry Parade and Gipps Street, next door to Rocksports Indoor Climbing