The Polar Circle Air-Cruise is one of the most adventurous expeditions that we offer. Our main objective on this air-cruise expedition is to try and reach the Antarctic Polar Circle located at approximately 66° south of the equator. The Expedition Team handcrafts every voyage depending on the Antarctic weather and each day of the trip is filled with ample opportunities to explore.
• Try and reach the polar circle, going farther south than most Antarctic explorers.
• Spend your time exploring outdoors by participating in our kayaking or hiking and snowshoeing programs.
• In the company of our expert polar guides, learn about the majestic wildlife that calls Antarctica home during the Southern Hemisphere’s summer months.
• Fly from Punta Arenas, Chile, to the White Continent and start your expedition directly in Antarctica
• With different sized tables and no pre-assigned seating, you can choose to sit privately or join other travelers.
Vessel Type: Expedition
Length: 90.7 m - 298 ft.
Passenger Capacity: 100 (only 69 passengers for Air-Cruise operations)
MV Magellan Explorer features 50 passenger suites and cabins in five categories of accommodation, including dedicated single cabins. The cabins are very spacious, ranging in size from 40 m2 (440 sq. ft.) to 20 m2 (220 sq. ft.). All double cabins have two twin beds that can be configured as one queen-size bed, offering great flexibility to our guests. 42 cabins feature a large window and a private balcony, while 8 cabins feature a porthole. All cabins feature a private bathroom and a sitting area.
Public areas include a large, forward-facing observation lounge, an observation deck, a dining room that accommodates all guests and expedition staff in a single sitting, two meeting rooms, a gift shop, a protected outdoor barbecue area, a gym, and a sauna. The bow of the ship is accessible to guests to offer expansive views during exploration. Optional adventure activities, such as kayaking and snowshoeing, are available.
Specific measures have been taken to minimize MV Magellan Explorer’s carbon footprint, including state-of-the-art engines that meet MARPOL’s stringent Tier III emission standards. To minimize fuel consumption, a waste heat recovery system recycles the heat produced by the ship’s engines and repurposes it to power the ship’s heating system and to warm the water used on board.
Call: 1300 669 780
(1300 669 780)
Call: (61 7) 3850 7600
(617 3850 7600)
Visit: 222A Barry Parade
(PO Box 132)
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
We're on the corner Barry Parade and Gipps Street, next door to Rocksports Indoor Climbing