Once in a lifetime does not even begin to describe this unique Antarctic adventure. Go from blindly white to opaque black, and experience total darkness on the 4th December 2021. Silver Cloud will navigate the path to the point of the greatest eclipse, so take advantage of being in the right place at the time on a journey that propels an already extraordinary destination into the realms of the exceptional.
• Total Eclipse – This Total Solar Eclipse can only be seen from Antarctica. We will travel across the Drake Passage to reach an area north of the South Orkney Islands to hopefully observe the eclipse during the early morning.
• Elephant Island, Antarctic Peninsula & Drake Passage
• Kayaking in Antarctica
• Gentoo, Chinstrap and Adelie Penguins
• Antarctic fur seals, Southern elephant seals, Weddell seals, crabeater seals and leopard seals
Humpback whales, minke whales, sei whales, fin whales, pilot whales, orcas
• Birds of note: Blue-eyed Shag, Black-browed Albatross, Wandering Albatross, Southern Giant Petrel, Cape Petrel, Wilson’s Storm Petrel, Snowy Sheathbill, Antarctic Terns, Arctic Terns
Vessel Type: Luxury Expedition
Length: 157 m
Passenger Capacity: 200/260
Built: 1994 Refurbished & Rebranded: 2017
After extensive refurbishment, Silver Cloud will be the most spacious and comfortable ice class vessel in expedition cruising. Her large suites, her destination itineraries and her unparalleled service make her truly special. Her five dining options will tantalise your taste buds and as 80% of her suites include a veranda, watching a breaching whale or a few cavorting penguins has never been so personal. Broad sweeping decks with multiple open spaces and a swimming pool complete what is surely the most distinctive expedition ship sailing today.
A limited number of guests, particularly with just 200 in polar waters, mean that Silver Cloud has the highest space to guest and crew to guest ratios in expedition cruising. With her 18 zodiacs, possibilities are almost limitless with ship-wide simultaneous explorations. Finally, a team of 19 passionate and dedicated experts are always at hand to ensure your voyage is enhanced every step of the way.
DECK 09 - Observation Lounge, Jogging Track
DECK 08 - Pool, Pool Bar, Hot Rocks, The Panorama Lounge, The Connoisseur’s Corner
DECK 07 - La Terrazza, The Spa at Silversea, Beauty Salon, The Library
DECK 06 - Lecture Theatre, The Fitness Centre, Reception/Guest Relations, Expedition Desk
DECK 05 - The Bar, Boutique, Casino
DECK 04 - Main Restaurant, Le Champagne, Launderette
Call: 1300 669 780
(1300 669 780)
Call: (61 7) 3850 7600
(617 3850 7600)
Visit: 222A Barry Parade
(PO Box 132)
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
We're on the corner Barry Parade and Gipps Street, next door to Rocksports Indoor Climbing